When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide
When you access the DSC Site, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot be used to specifically identify you. DSC may store such information itself and/or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by DSC affiliates, agents or service providers. This Site may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to develop, implement, market, promote, and sell products, services, and special offers;
- to purchase, acquire, and solicit products, services, and special offers from our suppliers;
- to manage our business and provide day-to-day services including, but not limited to, ordering, shipping, delivering, invoicing, collecting, establishing credit arrangements, administering rebates, discounts, and special programs, processing payments, managing accounts, and supply chain activities;
- to investigate and respond to customer inquiries and complaints;
- to establish customer, supplier, and retailer relationships and to communicate with customers, suppliers, and retailers;
- to research, develop and improve existing and new products, technologies, and services;
- to provide information and training to customers, suppliers, and retailers about existing and new products and services of BASF, including the use of such products and services;
- to manage and promote the business activities of DSC, including the development and evaluation of business plans;
- to review and assess market trends and activities impacting the business of DSC;
- to secure and protect the safety and well-being of our customers, suppliers, retailers, the community, and the environment;
- to better understand our customers, online visitors, suppliers and service providers, we may analyze your information in aggregate form (which will not identify you personally);
- to administer or enforce our rights under an agreement or otherwise protect DSC and its rights;
- to meet requirements imposed by law; including court orders, subpoenas, or compliance with the legal process.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- as required or permitted by law including, but not limited to, complying with a court order, complying with a statute or regulation, and assisting with investigations by law;
- to administer or enforce our rights under an agreement;
- in emergency situations that threaten the life, health, or security of an individual, the community, or the environment;
- in the event of a change of ownership, sale, merger, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition of DSC, a DSC business unit or department, or substantially all of DSC or a DSC business unit or department’s assets outside the ordinary course of business, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction, as permitted by law;
- in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements and when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation including, but not limited to, in response to court orders and subpoenas;
- in aggregate form with our agents, current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties; or
DSC takes the security and privacy of your personal information very seriously. Accordingly, we implement reasonable security measures designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with whom we may share your information (as permitted herein), nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
DSC does not respond to “Do Not Track” settings or other related mechanisms at this time.
Dah Sheng Chemical Industry Co., LTD.
11F, NO.200, Zhongmin RD.
North District, Taichung City 404,